Friday, July 31, 2009

Celebrating? ABSOLUTELY

Today I am celebrating. One year ago today I left my full time job to more intentionally serve others on a daily basis. Into the Field was formally established on May 1, 2008, but on August 1, 2008, it became my "job". (I put "job" in quotes, because I believe that anytime you're doing something you love and are called to, it doesn't seem as much like a job, but rather a joy.)

I've been asked if I knew then what I know now about what was going to happen in our economy (think back to the balances in your portfolio in July and then October/November), would I still have quit my job. My response, "ABSOLUTELY".

Are my financial accounts a bit slimmer? ABSOLUTELY.

Has fundraising for Into the Field and some of the other ministries I'm working with been more challenging than I anticipated (primarily given the significant changes in the economy)? ABSOLUTELY.

Have I met some incredible people? ABSOLUTELY.

Have I stood in humbled awe of the amazing ways that people are serving others around the corner and around the world? ABSOLUTELY.

Would people say that I'm a happier person today than I was a year ago? ABSOLUTELY.

Am I excited to see what God has in store and where and how He'll lead me next? ABSOLUTELY.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment